These baskets are hand-dyed in the Shibori method to create the stunning geometric “turtle” patterns you see here. Our baskets are lined with cotton canvas to provide increased structure and durability.
- Small: 4” diameter x 5” tall; medium: 6” diameter x 7” tall; large: 8” diameter x 10” tall
- Dyed and undyed Cerancha Dense cocoon silk, woven raffia trim
- Handmade from start to finish in Madagascar
- Slight variations in size and color due to the handcrafted process
- Eco-friendly and Fair Trade Certified
These art pieces were sustainably sourced and made in Madagascar by SEPALIM, a poverty alleviation NGO in northeastern Madagascar that invests in local leadership, community ownership and linking these partners to global markets. 100% of the profits from Ta’na’na Silk are returned to our team in Madagascar.