This colorful art piece represents one of Madagascar’s most iconic inhabitants, the Ring-Tailed Lemur. Not only will this bold wild silk textile look stunning on your wall, its purchase helps support our conservation efforts which directly impact the Lemur’s native habitat.
- Made with dyed and undyed mulberry silk cocoons (bombyx)
- Handmade from start to finish in Madagascar
- Slight variations in size and color due to the handcrafted process
- Eco-friendly and Fair Trade Certified
- Fun fact: The yellow background color is naturally dyed with jack fruit.
These art pieces were sustainably sourced and made in Madagascar by SEPALIM, a poverty alleviation NGO in northeastern Madagascar that invests in local leadership, community ownership and linking these partners to global markets. 100% of the profits from Ta’na’na Silk are returned to our team in Madagascar.
Seeing this behind me while on camera is calming. There's something biophilic in seeing the textures of the individual cocoons, and I love the colors.
I bought the wall hanging a few months ago. The photos do not do it justice. It’s a charming art piece, beautifully constructed. I could not be happier.