These mini collages depict the Antherina suraka, Ceranchia apollina, and Argema mittrei moths, three of the wild silk species that produce the cocoons we use in our wild silk products. Reminiscent of butterflies that fill curiosity cabinets, but in this case, no creatures are harmed. In fact, every purchase promotes conservation efforts for this endemic species. The pieces are the perfect size for framing and will bring an element of the exquisite natural world into your home.
- Sold in sets of three: one Argema, one Ceranchia, and one Argema piece
- Measures 6”x6”
- Dyed and undyed Bombyx cocoon silk
- Handmade from start to finish in Madagascar
- Slight variations in size and color due to the handcrafted process
- Eco-friendly and Fair Trade Certified
These works of art are sustainably sourced and completely handmade by our artisan group SEPALIM, a poverty alleviation organization in northeastern Madagascar. SEPALIM invests in local leadership and community led initiatives, and works to link artisans and farmers to global markets. 100% of the profits from Tanana Silk are returned to our team in Madagascar.