This exquisite handmade silk moth ornament depicts the Antherina suraka moth, which is a wild silk species in Madagascar whose cocoons we use in our products. Our farmers use a unique sustainable harvesting technique when collecting wild silk cocoons so as not to diminish the local silk population. In fact, every purchase promotes conservation efforts for this endemic species.
This ornament is a perfect holiday decoration, but can also be used as a ready-to-hang miniature artwork. It comes in a lovely kraft box for easy gifting, and includes a tag telling the story of the silk.
- Measures 6”x5”
- Made with cultivated mulberry silk cocoons
- Handmade from start to finish in Madagascar
- Slight variations in size and color due to the handcrafted process
- Eco-friendly and Fair Trade Certified
- This product includes one tan-colored silk moth ornament.
This work of art is sustainably sourced and completely handmade by our artisan group SEPALIM, a poverty alleviation organization in northeastern Madagascar. SEPALIM invests in local leadership and community led initiatives, and works to link artisans and farmers to global markets. 100% of the profits from Tanana Silk are returned to our team in Madagascar.