These mini collages depict the Antherina suraka, Ceranchia apollina, and Argema mittrei moths, three of the wild silk species that produce the cocoons we use in our wild silk products. Reminiscent of butterflies that fill curiosity cabinets, but in this case, no creatures are harmed. In fact, every purchase promotes conservation efforts for this endemic species. The pieces are the perfect size for framing and will bring an element of the exquisite natural world into your home.
- Sold in sets of three: one Argema, one Ceranchia, and one Argema piece
- Measures 6”x6”
- Dyed and undyed Bombyx cocoon silk
- Handmade from start to finish in Madagascar
- Slight variations in size and color due to the handcrafted process
- Eco-friendly and Fair Trade Certified
Sustainably sourced and made in Madagascar by SEPALIM, a poverty alleviation NGO in northeastern Madagascar that invests in local leadership, community ownership and linking these partners to global markets. 100% of the profits from Ta’na’na Silk are returned to our team in Madagascar.