The full moon rising over Makira Natural Park just outside of our wild silk communities in Madagascar is a magical sight to behold. This wall hanging brings that stunning beauty into your home, representing the Blood Moon caused by a total lunar eclipse. The deep red moon appears in Madagascar each May and serves as the inspiration for this unique piece.
Dyed and undyed Bombyx cocoon silk
- Handmade from start to finish in Madagascar
- Available in 18"x18" or 24"x24"
- Comes with bamboo hanging rod
- Slight variations in size and color due to the handcrafted process
- Eco-friendly and Fair Trade Certified
These art pieces were sustainably sourced and made in Madagascar by SEPALIM, a poverty alleviation NGO in northeastern Madagascar that invests in local leadership, community ownership and linking these partners to global markets. 100% of the profits from Ta’na’na Silk are returned to our team in Madagascar.