This shibori-dyed raffia wall hanging adds artistic elegance to any room of your home. Each piece is completely hand-crafted: first, the raffia fiber is handwoven and then it is dyed using a shibori 'spider web' pattern technique. Its denim-like navy blue color gives this piece a classic, inspired feel.
Dimensions: 24"x24". Comes with a bamboo rod for hanging.
- Hand-crafted from start to finish by artisans in northeast Madagascar.
- Slight variations in size and coloration due to the handcrafted process.
- Wildlife Friendly and Fair Trade Certified.
- Tanana gives both farmers and artisans in Madagascar the opportunity to earn a fair living wage and protect their local rainforest, by creating jobs that support conservation and utilize sustainable harvesting techniques.
- 100% of the profits from Tanana are returned to our team in Madagascar.
Washing instructions: Spot clean with cool or warm water, lay flat to dry, steam iron if desired.
Seeing this behind me while on camera is calming. There's something biophilic in seeing the textures of the individual cocoons, and I love the colors.
I bought the wall hanging a few months ago. The photos do not do it justice. It’s a charming art piece, beautifully constructed. I could not be happier.