This exquisite table runner is carefully crafted using an intricate handwoven patterning technique, giving each piece a rich texture, and curated feel. A special 'clasped weft' weaving method is used to create the distinctive zigzag chevron pattern.
It is made from two unique types of fiber:
- Ceranchia wild silk, which is a species of silk only found in Madagascar. The golden textured yarn is the natural, undyed color of the wild silk.
- Natural, undyed raffia which has a smooth satin-like sheen.
This beauty is sure to give an earthy elegance to your home, providing a captivating focal point and meaningful conversation piece.
- Measures 14”x72” (the length includes 2" tassels on each end)
- Handwoven Ceranchia wild silk and raffia
- Handmade from start to finish in Madagascar
- Slight variations in size and color due to the handcrafted process
- Eco-friendly and Fair Trade Certified
These art pieces were sustainably sourced and made in Madagascar by SEPALIM, a poverty alleviation NGO in northeastern Madagascar that invests in local leadership, community ownership and linking these partners to global markets. 100% of the profits from Tanana are returned to our team in Madagascar.
Washing instructions: Spot clean with cool or warm water, lay flat to dry, steam iron if desired.